Seattle Dharma Punx is a self-led meditation group located in Seattle, Washington, US. We offer a casual space to meditate in community, explore Buddhist teachings, and share personal experience.
The name Dharma Punx, coined by author and Buddhist teacher Noah Levine, stands for an international crew of counterculture individuals willing to look within their own hearts and minds for a path through the fear and confusion that comes with being human. Wisdom, compassion, kindness, and generosity - aka freedom- is the alternative and we all have the ability to attain it.
Buddha was a revolutionary. His practice was subversive; his message, seditious. His enlightened point of view went against the norms of his day - in his words, "against the stream". His teachings changed the world, and they can change you too.
We meet every Sunday evening from 7 to 8:30pm in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle. Seattle DPx is donation-based, and open to everyone regardless of tradition or level of experience. All are welcome. Bring yourself. Bring a cushion. Bring a friend full of greed, hatred, and delusion
dumpster rental prices
trash dumpster rental
dumpster rental Belleville
Top Dog Dumpster Rental
Saint Paul dumpster
rent a dumpster
dumpster rentals Fort Myers
Cupertino CA dumpster rental
In addition to a 40 minute group meditation every week, we take time afterwards for open discussion and dharma talks. This fall we're beginning a group discussion series based on audio talks by Gil Fronsdal. Each topic will span two weeks- the first week we'll listen to a talk on one topic, the following week we'll review and discuss.
Audio dharma, group review/discussions and additional reading are never a requirement for joining us- we welcome your participation at whatever level you feel most comfortable.
- 8/24/08 Introduction to the Paramis, or The Ten Perfections. These are the ten qualities of character that can be developed to support the path of awakening.
- 10/5/08 Renunciation, or Nekkhamma ~ dharma talk
- 10/12/08 Renunciation ~ Review Discussion
- 10/19/08 Wisdom, or Panna ~ dharma talk
- 10/26/08 Wisdom ~ Review Discussion
- 11/2/08 Energy/Vigor, or Viriya ~ dharma talk
- 11/9/08 Energy/Vigor ~ Review Discussion
- 11/16/08 Patience, or Khanti ~ dharma talk
- 11/23/08 Patience ~ Review Discussion
- 11/30/08 Truthfulness, or Sacca ~ dharma talk
- 12/7/08 Truthfulness ~ Review Discussion
- 12/14/08 Resolve, or Adhitthana ~ dharma talk
- 12/21/08 Resolve ~ Review Discussion
- 12/28/08 Loving-kindness, or Metta ~ dharma talk
- 1/4/09 Loving-kindness ~ Review Discussion
- 1/11/09 Equanimity, or Upekkha ~ dharma talk
- 1/18/09 Equanimity ~ Review Discussion
For more info or to join our email list send an email to [email protected]
Our Myspace page!